Business and Global Health: World Inc.
Here are several recent links on coverage related to business and global health OR development issues. For you non-business folks, pay attention, there is a very strong movement that is taking place. As one example of this, see this blog post on a new book – World Inc.
- Businesses Try to Make Money and Save the World, NY Times
- Thoughts on sustainability, “social enterprise” and business, great post by Robert Davies @Seeing the Possibilities
- Business expertise key to helping world’s neediest: A new model to help Africa, Seattle PI
- Making a profit while helping the poor, via Unitus, Seattle Times
- eBAY and microfinance (MicroPlace), PSD Blog
- Another great post by Rob Katz on IBM and BOP and their “Innovation Jam” on May 7th, NextBillion
- The Boston Consulting Group and their social impact work, via Pienso, BCG link
- A new blog I just discovered, The Heart of Business, check out their business plan competition, Post
- Venture Capital and Water (last section in article), Knowledge@Wharton
- Cross sector approaches to global health, Philanthropy 2173
- Do-Gooders Flock to Business Schools, US News