Upcoming International Health Conferences & Deadlines
After hearing from more people I realized I missed atleast one conference. Thanks very much for pointing out other global health conferences, if you have further additions please put them in the comments section so people realize additions may have been made. There are a five upcoming conferences that are worthwhile pointing out.
(1) First, the Global Health Council will be holding their 34th annual meeting next May in Washington DC. The New Investigators In Global Health program (for students and recent graduates) is a fantastic program. I highly recommend it and encourage people to apply, it is a great experience and they do all they can to help fund your entire trip. The deadline is December 1st. The best practices in global health award nomination deadline is February 15.
(2) Second, the Puget Sound Partners for Global Health has now opened registration for their international health conference taking place February 16-18, 2007 in Seattle. Among their partners are the Gates Foundation and PATH. The cost is $35 for students with refunds available until January 19th.
(3) The third conference which has really grown since its inception is being sponsored by Unite for Sight. The 4th annual international health conference is being held at Stanford (April 14-15, 2007) and is focused on innovation, advancement and best practices.
(4) The Pacific Health Summit is being held June 12-14, 2007 in Seattle. The summit goal is to “build a global health model that will prevent, detect, and treat disease”. Unfortunately it is an invitation-only event.
(5) Four Bay Area universities, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UCSF and Stanford, will cosponsor the 9th Annual International Health Conference: War, Poverty, and Population on Saturday, March 3, on the UC Berkeley campus. Student registration is $35. I am guessing as we get closer to the date more information will be available on the Berkeley Bixby website.